Monday 16 March 2015

Why Space and Geometric Shapes?



I chose to produce a stylised space education pack because I have an interest in space and also a creative idea in which to represent the celestial bodies in space using geometry and style in which I want to develop. I decided to take this idea and turn into something functional and somewhat commercial by turning into an educational pack for 10-17yr old. The style itself will appeal to a broader influence but the information itself will be GCSE level information which is why I chose a younger, more teen based target market.

I became interested in space early last year after seeing various space photos such as nebulae and galaxy photographs. The abstract imagery found in space uses colour so intensely as well as blending colours that would otherwise clash so effectively. Also the scale space really pushes the imagination to its limits which is also something I found interesting. This caused me to want to understand space more intricately and so I watched many universe, space and star documentaries which helped to me to better understand the story of the universe as well as expose myself to more space imagery.

I chose to combine with geometric shapes because I believe I can effectively translate the visuals and at the same time create interesting and engaging visuals that can help create interest in space and test peoples imagination when combined with information. Also developing my skills in illustrator when working with geometric shapes is something I am interested in as its a style Ive naturally developed to over a few years and is one of my personal favourites. I also think it is contemporary as basic shapes are very common in design at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment